Stand-In Central relies on the experience and experiences of professional stand-ins to educate others on the job of standing in.
If you have great tips on topics of importance to the stand-in, a fantastic stand-in story, or ideas for columns in the Stand-In Central Tips & Tricks Blog, email the editor at Stand-In Central and we just may invite you to contribute!
For example, here are some ideas for topics that might interest us:
- Standing in on productions with live studio audiences
- Standing in on productions with three or more cameras
- Standing in on soap operas
- Getting a film or television credit for standing in
- Becoming a star’s dedicated stand-in
- Receiving the daily callsheet from production
- Landing principal work by working as a stand-in
- Landing stand-in jobs in markets other than New York City
- Answers from SAG-AFTRA to common stand-in questions
- Working exclusively as a stand-in
- Exciting stories from standing in
- Interviews with unique and interesting stand-ins
- When something goes terribly wrong on set to the stand-in
- Eating healthfully and keeping fit when on set
- Tips for writing out blocking during marking rehearsals
We aim to keep Stand-In Central informative and entertaining. Stand-In Central is a non-authoritative website dedicated to providing helpful resources for the television and film stand-in. If you’d like to contribute toward this goal, please email the editor!